The collaboration with WIRES provides even greater value for attending delegates, as the WIRES conference topics are accessible to all RadiologyAsia delegates.
(Note: WIRES workshops need to be purchased separately with a RadiologyAsia conference pass.)
This workshop will focus on several aspects of management of AIS with focus on multidisciplinary participation, patient selection, organization of workflow, stroke imaging and revascularization with focus on mechanical thrombectomy.
Acute Ischaemis Stroke: Prelude to Endovascular treatment
Endovascular treatment in AIS : Beginning of a new era
12:30 - 1:15pm
AIS and advances in Imaging
Stroke Imaging (Dr Prakash Paliwal & Dr Eric Ting, Dr Yu)Practical case scenarios will be provided and participantswould review the imaging studies on syngo workstation. Based on their interpretation and understanding of the disease process will discuss on the treatment options(Session will be moderated by an stroke neurologist and neuroradiologist)
Mechanical Thrombectomy (Dr Gopinathan Anil & Dr Santosh Raj)Tools of the trade: Hands on with silicone flow models
(Note: Lunch and two tea breaks are provided; conference pass needs to be purchased separately)
Sign up for Singapore’s first workshop on the TRANSRADIAL (TR) approach for the Interventional Radiologist.
This is a half day workshop offering didactic lectures with a hands-on session on the management and treatment of patients using a TR arterial access approach. The first half of the workshop will focus on basics of starting TR access practice and avoiding and managing potential complications. The hands-on component will include an introduction to the equipment used in transradial interventions. The second half of the workshop will focus on embolotherapy with presentations of interesting TR cases.
OBJECTIVES 1. Understand the requirements for setting up and running a TR access practice
2. Familiarisation with the equipment required for TR access
3. Review the role of transradial access for interventional radiologist including TACE, Y-90 radioembolization and emergency embolization for hemorrhage.
4. Tips and tricks in TR interventions and the management of complications
5. Review of embolotherapy with presentation of interesting transradial cases
- Dr. John Chung
- Dr. Pua Uei Lawrence Quek
- Dr. Too Chow Wei
- Dr. Gavin Lim
- Dr. Stanley Loh
This is an introductory course for interventional radiology trainees who wish to gain an understanding of basic concepts of endovascular aortic repair and its practice. The course participant will be introduced to the more common diagnoses of the abnormal aorta and how to decide if a case is suitable for an endovascular repair. They will be taught about measuring and sizing for a basic standard EVAR case as well as its deployment technique.
Additional basic concepts for thoracic stenting will also be broached.
1. Introduction to the basic pathologies of the aorta – thoracic aneurysms, abdominal aneurysms, aortic dissections, aortic ulcers and IMH’s. (30 min) (Dr Prapul Rajendran)
2. Understanding the sizing of grafts for basic infra-renal AAA. (30min)* (Dr. Prapul Rajendran)
a. How to measure.b. Using the Cook endograft worksheet.c. Review some cases for sizing.
3. Understanding the sizing of grafts for basic TEVAR.(20min)* (Dr. Julian Wong)
a. Understand landing zones for arch grafts.b. Understand risks of TEVAR and mitigation (spinal ischaemia, arm ischaemia and steal)
4. A step-by-step approach for deployment of EVAR and TEVAR stent grafts.(30min) (Dr. Prapul Rajendran)
5. Review of select cases – ‘standard’ anatomy, challenging anatomy and hostile necks, mycotic aneurysms, acute ruptures, dissections.(30min) (Dr. Prapul Rajendran)
6. Manipulation with demonstrator models.(60min) (Cook Device specialists)
Total time: 3 hr 20 minTea break: 30min.Catch up time: 10min.
(Note: Tea break is provided; conference pass needs to be purchased separately)
Enhance your practice with skills from this workshop. Having problems with hard to see lesions? Learn the latest in contrast enhance ultrasound with Kupffer cell specific ultrasound contrast as well as ultrasound fusion techniques. Also, interventional and diagnostic radiology play in important role in any liver transplant service, update yourself in transplant vascular complication ultrasound.
(Note: Workshops are open to delegates of RadiologyAsia 2017 conference only. Organisers reserve the right to make changes or cancel the workshops)